- February 11, 2021
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Are you ready for a career change but don’t know how to begin? Perhaps you have an idea for a new career but are struggling to find the right resources to learn more. Maybe you’re feeling burned out and want to do something different with your career but suffer from value conflict and struggle to motivate yourself to take the first step.
In this four-session course, we will set a foundation for career change. Discover your career self, identify and explore career options, and begin a transition plan to help you get the career that’s the best fit for you.
During this course, you’ll:
- identify decision-making criteria needed for career change success: values, strengths, personality type, interests, transferable skills, work environment needs, roles and job functions.
- determine your priorities and identify what impact you want to make with the work you do.
- make a transition plan to help you move forward with career change.
- apply an effective goal setting process for successfully setting, striving for, and maintaining a goal.
- reframe career change thoughts and habits that hold you back from completing a career change.
This course is offered through the University of Minnesota and the College of Continuing & Professional Studies. Click the link below for dates, cost and course details.